Sunday, October 6, 2013

Final Fantasy

Bias ALWAYS Trumps Objectivity
By Ryan Frisco

Photo Cred www.philly.com
So after last week's cover-your-eyes trouncing the Denver Broncos gave the Philadelphia Eagles, I have made a new rule for myself; never, EVER, try to be completely objective and predict the outcome of one of my favorite teams again.  I was amazingly incorrect on my prediction of that game.  No matter how unbiased I felt I was with my prediction, I was unprofessionally way too optimistic with it.  Everybody new the Eagles would be slaughtered.

Just make a note of that, there will be no more predictions about the Eagles ever again...unless they make the Super Bowl!  Yes, you can laugh, that was a joke.

On to Fantasy Football...my team continues to win!  Matt Ryan has consistently put up over 20 points per week, Matt Forte has been a beast in the running game and Josh Gordon has proven worth the draft and stash while he was suspended, scoring over 40 points in his first three games.  Thursday night football was between the Browns and the Bills...and I had two guys starting.  I know, I'm crazy right?
Photo Cred www.greenwichtimes.com

Two weeks ago, I picked up Fred Jackson off waivers.  Why someone dropped him I'll never know, but he has yet to score below 10 points in a game.  With his two TDs and 110 yards Thursday, along with Josh Gordon's 15 points, I'm sitting with over 35 points going into Sunday!!  Fantasy football makes even a game between the Browns and Bills fun to watch.

On to Fantasy predictions, don't worry I'll make it quick this week.

QB: Start Alex Smith.  For some reason, he is flourishing with Andy Reid and the Chiefs.  They are 4-0, and Smith is 7TH in overall QB fantasy scoring.  He's got a favorable matchup with the Titans today.  He's probably available in most leagues too, I know he's still on the waiver wire in my league.

RB: DeAngelo Williams.  Through three games, Williams has has averaged 100 all purpose yards per game.  It's only a matter of time before he finds the end zone.

WR: Jordy Nelson.  Once again, Nelson has proven to be Aaron Rodgers' favorite target, especially in the red zone.  In a game that will be a shootout with Detroit, expect big things from Jordy.
Photo Cred www.sportingnews.com

The biggest game of the week today is easily the game between the Colts and Seahawks aka Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson.  These two QBs came in last year and revolutionized the game, along with RGIII.  With both teams well on their way to another playoff appearance, this game may be one for the ages.  I'm thinking this game will come down to a defensive battle with the ground game prevailing.  Two huge, bruising running backs, Marshawn Lynch and Trent Richardson, will lead the offenses.  The Seahawks will learn the truth that only the 1972 Dolphins can win them all when they fall to Luck and the Colts 20-17 this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment